On a Quiet Street - Seraphina Nova Glass

 

There's more going on inside the pristine, secluded gates of seaside town Brighton Hills than meets the eye. As housewives Paige, Cora, and Georgia navigate their own complex marriages in the wake of a community tragedy, secrets that their beloved, exclusive community has held onto slowly unearth themselves one after another. 

"On a Quiet Street" is one of the most engrossing, explosive domestic thrillers I've read in a long time. If you loved the thrilling complexity of "Girl on the Train" and the unforgettable female ensemble in "Big Little Lies," then hear me when I say that Seraphina Nova Glass's latest debut is meant for you. 

The story is propelled so powerfully by interesting and more importantly, believably-complex characters; for me, it was equally plot and character-driven. While its "twists" might not be the most mind-blowing I've read in recent years, the punches they deliver are so perfectly-timed and airtight in delivery that they make for a highly-cinematic read. My heart was physically pounding during this book--I was totally transported into the thick of it and couldn't read fast enough to see where things were going. 

So yes, I quite literally devoured "On a Quiet Street" in 24 hours, chiefly because its characters kept me fully invested and guessing right up until the end. If you're in a reading slump or feel like giving up on domestic thrillers the are all starting to seem the same, read this...now, before it ends up on the big screen.

Rating: 5 Stars

Publication Details: Out 5/17/2022, Harlequin Trade Publishing

Huge thank you to NetGalley & the publisher for providing my review copy!

Popular posts from this blog

Let Him In - William Friend

Dreaming of Water - A.J. Banner

Notes on Your Sudden Disappearance - Alison Espach